NURSERY AND KINDERGARTEN
I began my academic journey in Forest View Academy.
Highlights: I really cannot remember this part of my life except for afternoon naps, break time (I think they were two breaks) and a bus we used to call ‘mkate’
I went to two primary schools; All Saints Primary (The First 2 Years) and Catholic Parochial Primary (The Last 6 Years)
At All Saints Primary
- I cried on my first day!
- Girls were taller than me
- A plane crashed near our playground
- Snakes were like cockroaches, everywhere and popped up just when you least expected them
Comments: I made many friends quite fast, I miss them.
At Catholic Parochial
This is where I did my KCSE.
- Here I was an altar boy at the Holy Family for 6 years… yes 6 years!
- We were in class 3 and we had already started writing letters to each other… I will not mention names.
- Inter-school Debates… we were always winners but the tension was a killer
- As an altar boy I broke a glass item that usually holds the altar wine during mass when everyone was quite and the congregation was full during lunchtime mass.
- The Angelus at noon every day, the Apostles Creed and my First Holy Communion
- Someday we went to a UN Conference on climate, it was a wonderful experience; I was young, listening to big people talk and I felt that I can change the world. I felt that I can make a difference even at that tender age. I will!
Comments: CPS Rocked and the values I acquired during my years then live with me up to now.
I was called to Dagoretti High School (Ditchez) where life was very interesting.
Here I learned a lot especially how to stand your ground and how to live life to the fullest. Big up to all Ditcherianz!
- First day when I arrived in Daggoretti as a mono(Form One i.e. a beginner in high school education)… mambo bad! but my cube mates were good people.
- ‘Scave’ Just to summarize what this is. When your parents comes on visiting days, what they bring is for the Dagoretti Community…
- Jumbo… KQ that’s what we nick named our bus which is pictured above!
- Music Festivals when I was in fourth year
- I was an actor then dancer in the Dagoretti Drama club… but strangely enough I never stuck around long enough to go for the Nationals.
- I was a very active member of the YCS … in fact I was an official
Comments: Its one of the best places for a dude to go through high school.
I cleared High School, got into Moi University and here I am… 3 years into university education, 1 more year left and I just cannot wait.
Its not wise to comment while I’m still there but there are so many things I would want to comment on that I cannot simply write them down.
Comments: I would not choose any other campus or college for all the world. The experience it has given me is beyond phenomenal.
You may also want to read the following article. Please click on the link below to find out more.