These are my main arguments when it comes to the Israel-Palestinian Conflict.
1. People exaggerate the role of Western powers when it comes to the formation of the Israeli State. These powers were in full support of the Jewish State initially but the idea for the State preceded their rise to power. Jews have always been intent on forming a state in Israel come what may. The role of Britain in the formation of the Jewish state was negative immediately before, during and after the Second World War.
2. After forming the Jewish State, Jews were planning to live on land they bought in Palestine without evicting any Arabs from their lands. However, surrounding Arabs States wanted all Jews out of Palestine, even Jews with legitimate land titles in Palestine. These states went to war to achieve this goal. Things did not go their way.
3. The surrounding Arab states and not the Palestinian people were the main instigators of anti-Jewish sentiments in Palestine and in the Muslim world. These states wanted to take over Palestine. I believe Palestinians would have been okay with a two state solution after a little diplomatic persuasion and a lack of negative influence from surrounding Arab states.
4. Jews occupied Palestinian territories and homes during the war instigated by surrounding Arab states. They held on to these territories for security reasons but they should have left Palestinian homes alone. The plight of Palestinians who lost their homes is tragic and Israel needs to compensate them or otherwise address their plight.
5. Hate for the Jews drives Hamas along with support from surrounding Arab states that do not want a powerful Israel within the Middle East. I believe that peace in the Middle East and a two-state solution is possible if Hamas did not believe in the extinction of the Jews. Worse still, calls for Jewish extermination means that Israel has to keep certain territories under its control for security reasons.
6. Certain verses in the Koran and Hadith do not speak favorably of Jews. Muslim extremists including Hamas will use these verses to arouse hatred for Jews and justify their annihilation. These sentiments were alive before the state of Israel and they will be alive if this state ever falls. They informed the policy of the Arab states before the state of Israel and they will inform their policy if Israel ever falls. The world has to look at such sentiments and develop ways of dealing with them before we witness genocide in our lifetime or soon after we have gone. For example, other verses in the Koran speak of respect for Jews so why not focus on those.
7. Palestinians deaths are tragic and regrettable and so are Israeli deaths. A single death is a death too many. Israel has a God given right to defend itself and its citizens just as Palestinians have this right. Hamas is not defending Palestinian citizens. It is actively seeking the annihilation of the Jews and the Jewish state. Israel invades Gaza to protect itself and its citizens and as such, the agitator would be Hamas. The bloods of those who die because of actions by Hamas or because of reactions by others to its actions are on its hands and not on the hands of the Jews.
Please note: I use the word ‘objective’ cautiously. I believe that I can prove all my points through facts, figures, statistics and dates and hence the term objective. However, you should not accept them as objective. Research and come up with your own findings. Educate others and me on what you find but do not abuse your opinion by using it as a statement of fact. Only figures, statistics, names, locations and dates will do. A chronological arrangement of these facts would also be welcome.